Friday, April 1, 2011

Introspection

Perhaps I shall go a bit deeper into my personal self-description. First of all, I call myself a tree climber because I actually used to climb trees dangerously high (and still do on occasion). While a lot of the things I do may be considered antisocial or just plain weird, I do consider myself a self-labeled (and backed by 2 different personality tests) introvert. So the reason why I have a blog is that I'm really not good at verbal communication, but I can write just fine, and I have no fear of writing at all. And I do have friends, but not everywhere. I often spend my free time just thinking about random philosophy topics, and I do find that very interesting. I have joined my school's philosophy club, and as a result, my world view seems to change frequently.

One of the most interesting parts of this was that I was not always this way. I went through a huge personality change. In elementary school I was a class clown. I hung out with all of the cool people, but I still maintained my status as an at least somewhat respectable, good person. The big change happened in middle school. My jokes weren't funny anymore. I went from that funny guy to that weird guy. I still tried to be social and everything, but my sense of humor was just too obscure (and underdeveloped) to be funny. By the time I was in eighth grade, the only thing people knew me for was my occasional act of complete weirdness. Then in high school things calmed down. I wasn't crazy anymore. I'm not crazy. I promise. I'm still a bit weird though.

Well. That was mighty personal. I hope it was worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment